Now that invitations for summer weddings have already made their way to your mailbox, we bet that you are hurriedly trying to round up something to wear. What do you wear to a summer wedding, after all?
Summer weddings can prove to be trickier than trying to dress for a wedding during any other time of the year, and it is for that very reason that Sheplers has put together a helpful list of last-minute tips of dos and don’ts on what to wear to a summer wedding (for all you procrastinators out there).
- Opt for lighter colors – think turquoise, light pink, and any color in the blue family
- Wear wedges
- Choose something classic and tasteful
- While lighter colors are better in the summer time, make sure to not wear any white – that color is reserved for the bride.
- Wear heels if the wedding will be outside – the last thing that you want to have to worry about is getting your heels stuck in the grass.
- Decode to wear too-short or too-low cut dresses – remember, the attention should be on the bride, not you!